Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Feet

Of all of the things I don’t prefer about myself.  I love my feet.  My feet are consistently the best looking things I’ve got.  The only time in my life that they have hurt my appearance was when they got swollen while I was pregnant with #2.

One reason why I love my feet is that they are pretty easy to maintain.  All you have to do is keep them clean, take care of nail length now and then and they look great.  I never think “man, these toes have got to shed a few pounds or they’ll never squeeze into my shoes again”. 

On the contrary, they pretty much stay a consistent size as apposed to my hips and thighs (which by the way are still slightly too big to fit into my regular clothes).  This is why I love my feet.  And because I love my feet, I show them I love them by “putting a little paint on the old barn” so to say.

 IMG_4265

I love having my toenails painted.  I personally think that painting one’s toenails is one of the most easy pick-me-ups available to woman-kind.  You can pick any color you like plus a little patience and magically you can have flirty, fun toenails that make you feel young and pretty all for the price of a bottle. 

Of course you can pay for someone to give you a  pedicure.  That is an indulgence on a whole other level.  I have never felt so pampered than the one time I got my toenails done by a professional.  It was a valentines gift from my sweetie.  I actually went in feeling really silly and vain about the whole thing but I left feeling so fabulous about myself.  Seriously, it seems a little silly but the thing that makes me feel pretty faster than anything else is a little paint on the old toenails.

Since having Vivian, I’ve tried to always keep my nails painted…I only have to do it every other week or so and it makes me feel special…even if my feet aren’t always showing…I know that there is something cute in hiding…even if it’s not my thighs.

3 comments:

  1. He he, that was fun to read. You're so cute! And even though I don't need to tell you this, You DO have cute feet.
    It makes me feel guilty though, I can't even remember the last time I painted my toenails but maybe that's because, in my case, my feet are NOT my best feature. I think it's my ears actually . . . For the same reasons really, They don't get flabby or wrinkly, All they need is an occasional cleaning and a little bling and Za-Za-Zing! Fabulous! He he . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have very cute feet! I have awful cracky ugly feet! I am trying to remember to put cream on them every day. Your nails are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Heather! Oh, Jewels! I just love you both! You are both so fabulous in more ways than only your ears and toes!
    I think pampering oneself is a great way to take care of and celebrate ourselves!

    ReplyDelete