Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fright Night...

Last night was one of the most frightning of my life. I woke to a woman screaming from the alley behind our apartment that separates us from another complex! As I woke I realized that she was begging someone to "GIVE ME BACK MY PURSE!!!" I ran to the window and looked out into a foggy blackness and realized I couldn't see much (I had forgotten my glasses in my haste to see...ridiculous I know). I saw the shadow of a truck or SUV racing away as I woke Jared and asked him to look. I gropped around in the dark for my phone. In the vehecil's hast to leave the hit an on-coming car and left the scene like a coward.
The man who was hit jumped out of the car and was trying to talk to the screaming woman who was yelping and wouldn't say anything but that she was scared. Another man came out of one of the apartments and said the police were coming. I placed my phone back down and continued my silent vigil as the woman cried and the men stood around her begging for information.
The police finally came and put my mind to ease somewhat but I couldn't stop shaking.
For the next couple of hours I checked on Christian a few times and felt the need to pray a lot.
It's moments like these when I'm reminded how fragile life is and how vulnerable we all are. How important our families are to us and how much we fear for their safety. It makes me thankful for the power of prayer. Today as I sung "Sweet Is The Peace the Gosple Brings" in church, I couldn't agree more.

----------
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is very frightening! I'm glad you all are okay. I agree that I don't know what I would do without the gospel. It gives us peace in these uncertain and sometimes scary times. I am also very thankful for prayer and the confort that brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That's so scary! Thank goodness nothing worse happened! And thank goodness for goodness. :}

    ReplyDelete