Friday, July 9, 2010

What I've Learned...

This past weekend was my birthday. I am now realizing that my time-lines never work out just the way I think. Oh well. You live, you learn. Thus the reason I am posting today. I been contemplating about how much I've learned throughout this year. This has honestly been one of the most different years of my life. I have been pregnant, had a appendectomy, moved to a new state with a new climate, and had a baby and gone on six(!) trips this year. It's been very eventful in some ways and almost mundane in others. I know for sure this is a year I will never forget. Thankfully, along the way I have learned some valuable lessons. I may have learned some of them already and had to re-learn them, and I may have to remember them again. I thought I'd share them so perhaps (hopefully) I'll just remember.

1. Do not allow what you think other's think of you to stop or stifle your development.

2. It's not fair to others for me to be unforgiving or have preconcieved notions of what others can or can't acheive or what or who they are as a person.

3. It doesn't pay to avoid learning experiences that may be difficult. That is what gives us the highest sense of acheivement.

4. Life is short and precious, you never know when someone is going to leave; embrace them as well as each moment you've been given.

5. Family is everything--Let them know how you feel--use loving phrases as much as possible. It never hurts to show love; it only hurts to withhold love.

6. Even if you do not agree with others and/or their behaviors, the most important this is that you love them and encourage them to be their personal best.

7. Disagreeing is human; forgiveness is divine.

8. We were put on earth to become masters of ourselves.

9. Take time for physical and spiritual development each day; exercise and read scriptures daily for true strength.

10. Emotions are important. Be aware of them. Express them. It is important to recogize that they are emotions though and only a small glimpse of reality. Do not let them rule you by giving them too much stock.

I may later write a blog about each item if I get in the mood to explain myself.

1 comment:

  1. Very well written. I must confess I feel a little dumb reading it though. I haven't done very much deep thinking lately. Though I have been reading some good books. Maybe some things will sink in.

    ReplyDelete