Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Looking Back on My Back Surgery

I can hardly believe it that this week marks the sixth anniversary of my two spinal fusion surgeries. (It's also the fifth anniversary of getting my surgeon's approval to get pregnant). It's amazing to me that time has flown by so quickly. Good grief I've had rods in my back longer than I was Jr High or High School aged! Incredible!
Of course I miss having the range of motion that I once had (especially at times like today when Christian wanted me to do a handstand). But overall, I am so thankful that I was able to have the procedure done and with such success so that I could not only breathe in the shower (big plus) but I could be pregnant without adverse effects on my lung capacity (which before surgery was 50%).
I had a check-up this past week and it turns out that I may have a piece of broken rod in the lower portion of my back but so far it's not causing pain so I just need to keep a close eye on it.
I am more astounded now than ever before at the trust that Jared and I put into Heavenly Father's hands that everything would turn out according to His will.... Of course I didn't rule out the possibility of death or peralisis and spent the months waiting for surgery putting together Jared's mission scrapbook together so that he would have evidence of my affection and desires for his happiness whatever happened. Thankfully all went well!
I am incredibly grateful that Heavenly Father led me to my surgeon and guided his hands to better my future!

----------
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

1 comment:

  1. I still feel like that whole thing was such a miracle and it didn't even happen to me, but I remember being so happy for you and so glad when everything went well and you felt so much better. I'm sure Heavenly Father guided you to find that doctor who could help to better your life.

    ReplyDelete