Thursday, September 24, 2009

Time and Relationships

So I finally got a chance to sit down and watch Wall-E last week. The set-up in the beginning was a little tedious for me, but once they got to the space-ship and it showed the people who were constantly in front of a screen and all the kids getting taught by computers it made me realize how close to reality this comes (though if my husband was put in front of a monitor all of the time there wouldn't be any kids)! I remember reading the book "Between Husband and Wife" which is a really good book for couples, and the author points out that couples that don't have TV's have better love lives. Man I can attest to that. We didn't have a TV until we had been married four and a half years...it seems like after that time we are more bombarded with "other things" to do than to just spend time talking or being with each other.

Last night I decided to forgo my nightly "Dancing With the Stars" and I took Jared's book away from him and we just sat and talked. It was wonderful. I really love being with him and just bashing out thoughts and ideas but sometimes we get so "busy" with the "extra" things that we don't even take the time for the most important thing of all and that is being together. This pregnancy has been a strain on our relationship...not because we aren't trying...it's just been really hard on us for me not to feel very good. Thankfully though, I am suddenly starting to be huge I haven't been sick for almost two weeks (YEAH!) so that has really helped us.

It is wonderful that he finally has more "normal" hours so that we can actually see each other before it's time to go to bed and Christian has been able to spend time with his daddy too. Even though the move was difficult, especially being pregnant, and I feel a little like a lonely island that is at home all day waiting for adult contact, it's been really a good time for us to just be a family.

It reminds me of those Mormon-Ad's on TV. Family...isn't it about time?

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you have been able to spend more time together and that you haven't felt as sick. Sometimes I wish we didn't have a TV either. Though it comes in handy while I'm home with Lilly, I wish it would disappear before Jake gets home. Though he's been much more busy with video editing lately, than TV I guess, and I can't really say much about that because it's those jobs that we're actually living off of right now. I guess I'll be glad when he can make enough with the extra work to quick his day time job and be home with us more. That will be the best day of my life!

    ReplyDelete