Monday, August 16, 2010

Time to Plan!

As we left town this weekend, I felt like I was losing my mind, being unable to know what to plan for in the future.  If you know anything about me, I have to plan or it makes me crazy!

We had been told by the people in UT that they would get back to us in the middle of the week.  Well, it was the end of Thursday and I was going crazy with the anticipation.  So, I begged Jared to call them as I started the drive out of Phoenix.

He didn’t get the job, though she told him he was a strong applicant.  I’m so relieved to know.  So, Jared emailed the people who gave him the offer in Mesa to accept.  They emailed him less than five minutes later to say how excited they were to have him.

I’m so glad.  I’m glad to know that Jared has a job to jump right into as soon as he’s done with his internship at the end of August.  I’m so grateful that I will not have to rush and move somewhere, that Jared can take public transportation into work until we can move closer.  I have friends here that I won’t have to leave.  We can sign Christian up for Soccer with the same program we already have used. I can find a preschool for Christian, I can find more students, I can find a violin teacher, I can get my piano back soon! 

I’m happy!

It would be nice to be closer to family, but as it is, the drive to UT isn’t too long and if we’re making more than we were previously, we can probably fly up a couple times a year.  It will be okay (as long as I get to see snow and mountains sometimes).  It’s not exactly what I want, but I can be content for now, knowing we’re we’ll be for a while and being able to put down a few roots.

Hooray!  I can plan!

1 comment:

  1. That is good to know what you are doing and start planning. It is hard to be in limbo, so I'm glad things are working out! We might be coming down to Mesa for Thanksgiving this year because my grandparents are down there, so we'll have to do a playdate or something if end up coming down!

    ReplyDelete