Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Faith Affirmations

A girl from the hypno-babies group forum asked for some “Faith Promoting Affirmations”.  I put together a list of them.  The first ones are referenced to scriptures in the Bible and the next group are directly related to either The Proclamation on the Family, or other LDS scripture.

 

 

Faith Affirmations

From the Bible

My baby has a divine nature and destiny.

(Jeremiah 1:5)

My baby is a heritage of the Lord

(Psalms 127:3)

I have the power of love and of a sound mind

(2 Timothy 1:7)

I will be patient

I am doing God’s will by giving my baby life

(Hebrews 10:36)

I will have Faith that my baby’s birth will be beautiful

(Hebrews 11:1)

Every good and perfect gift comes from God

(James 1:17)

My baby is of a chosen generation

(1 Peter 2:9)

God’s divine power gives my baby’s life

(2 Peter 1:3)

My baby is a child of the Lord

I am a child of the Lord

(Deuteronomy 14:1) (Psalms 2:6)

God makes me a joyful mother of my baby

(Psalms 113:9)

My baby is pure and beautiful

(Matt 18:3)

God is my strength and my power

(2 Samuel 22:33)

I am full of power by the spirit of the Lord

(Micah 3:8)

From The Proclamation on the Family and other LDS resources

My baby is created in God’s image

My baby is a beloved spirit child of heavenly parents

My baby has chosen to receive his or her body

I have been chosen to be this baby’s mother

The creation of my baby’s mortal life is divinely appointed

I have been given the solemn responsibility to love and care for my baby

I have been given a sacred duty to love my baby

I have been given the sacred charge to provide for my baby’s physical and spiritual needs

I am responsible for the nurture of my baby

Because of Eve’s great choice, I can have my baby and my baby will bring me JOY

(Moses 5:10)

I need not fear for I am the Lord’s

(Doctrine and Covenants 50:41)

The power and goodness of the Lord is over all the inhabitants of the earth

(1 Nephi 1:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment