Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feeling a little Lonely

I feel really guilty for the way I've been feeling. Lately, I feel really lonely. I have been blessed with resonable places to live but as of right now, I feel misplaced and I feel guilty because I know I should just be greatful.
I live 700 miles or so from where I've lived my whole life and all of my old friends and my entire family. It's not to say I haven't made any friends, but the girls I've met really aren't on the same page as me. I have the oldest child of all the girls (the next oldest is 18 months old compared to my 4-year-old), I'm younger than all but one of them, I'm the only one with two kids, and I like to craft and sew while non of them seem interested in such things. Most importantly, I don't feel like any of them are interested to invest time in building a friendship, at least with me. I know, whine, whine. I just feel like I don't belong.
I was so blessed at the University housing, there were so many girls who where interested in being moms rather than careers, and ready and willing to chat. All I had to do was walk outside to find someone to talk to. Where we're living anyone outside is outside to smoke which bothers me, so I spend my days pretty much hiding out indoors.
I am so lonely for female companionship I feel dumb about it. I understand that people are busy but I need to find a friend. I guess the real problem is the I've been so blessed with good friends in my life that when I don't I'm at a loss.

----------
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

2 comments:

  1. Aw . . . I'm sorry! I miss you! I know that doesn't help but I do . . . oh, I just remembered, I need to send you my new phone number. Sorry, I'm not used to having a land line, I keep forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel dumb about it. Even I feel that way a bit and I still live close to Salt Lake. Moving to a new place is always hard, and moving that far away from home is even more difficult. It will probably take time, but I am sure you will eventually find a kindred spirit out there somewhere. Do you have skype? We should talk over skype. I do it all the time with my sister Bethany who is in Virginia and it's just like talking face to face- almost. Then you can show me some of the crafty things you are working on. Sending my love!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete