Friday, November 13, 2009

Hey Good Lookin'! What's Cookin'?

My parents are coming for a few days starting today. Last night Jared and I cooked up a storm to prepare for their stay. Hopefully that way we will be able to focus on doing things with them rather than spending a couple of hours in the kitchen a day.

I love cooking with Jared. I am so glad that he is willing to help me in the kitchen. Usually I end up feeling like a director because he just asks me what to do and then he does it... I have to be careful not to tell him more than one task to do at a time or he gets annoyed because he doesn't know which to do first. I usually do a couple things at a time so things can be ready at the same time. It is so nice that he will help me anyway. I always feel so close to him emotionally when we can do "projects" together.. I guess it's because we really are acting as partners rather than two different people with two different goals. I've been thinking that's probably why bishop Cope use to tell us that having a child together really binds you together to make a cohesive couple--because you now have a very real tangable responsibility and (hopefully) the same goals about how to raise your child.

I so grateful that Jared will cook with me and that we can be partners together... Maybe that's part of why we needed to move, so that we could become more dependant on each other and spend more time together.
----------
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute! Yeah, Jake seems to get a bit frustrated when I direct him in cooking too. That happened just the other night because I didn't feel well and so he offered to make macaroni and hot dogs. I guess I'm just not a good director because I forgot to tell him to boil the hot dogs at the same time as the pasta so they could be ready when the macaroni was. Ooops, well, we let it slide and nuked them. Yes, not the healthiest meal, but oh, well. At least he was willing to do the cooking. It makes me feel so loved when he does that. :}

    ReplyDelete